Shop with us!!

prizes, contests, offers--crazy cool prices!!

Spend $50 on Hero Arts and receive a Free gift from Hero Arts

Vagabond in stock now!!!!!! ONLY $199.99 and FREE shipping!!

Tim Holtz Tattered Florals are in stock again!!! Our price is only $13.85!!! (MSRP $19.99) WHAT A SAVINGS

NEW TO OUR STORE: the gorgeous Mackinac Moon range!!! Check it out!!

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Patriot Day

Hello again Sweet Friends,

I'm sure you're all aware of the date.  There's no need for introduction or explanation, but we at a2z felt it was too important to not be mentioned and we wanted to make something in recognition of this important day. Patriot Day.

I wanted to make something to mark the date.  After some thought, I decided to do a tag for Patriot Day instead of a card, but it turned out to be a book mark. I think it would make a nice school project actually, or even a present for teachers or children or a lovely Veteran's Day gift. I liked the idea of keeping the flag image (as well as the sentiment) close to you at all times. Most people have something like a book or diary with them all the time, so this is what evolved.  

On the front, I wanted to recreate the Stars and Stripes, but with a more homemade feel.  I was playing with the image of a house to go with the sentiment that I used, but none of the houses looked right.  I didn't want to implant an image of a house in anyone's mind, because homes can be so different.  I thought it best to have just the sentiment and the 'flag'.  It makes the sentiment much more meaningful, because it immediately makes one think of their own home, so it's that much more personal.  






On the back I've printed the national anthem (which I found on THIS site) 
I changed the font for the final words "The home of the brave" to 'bold' because personally, (especially as a "non-American"), that is the line that I always remember and that I find the most powerful. 


Here is a list of products used:
Tools used: We R Memory Keepers Crop-A-Dile Eyelet and Snap Punch   and a home printer for the sentiment on front and the National Anthem on the back.

For anyone who would like to create an album honoring the courageous men and women who act so heroically in their various public service roles, we have added a special category of beautiful albums from K and Company for this purpose.  You can find them HERE.
--ooOOOoo--
 

 In closing, we would like to say the following:

In loving memory of those who were lost.

In humbled gratitude to those who serve to protect that of which we hold dear.

 We wish for a safe and peaceful Patriot Day--may all the days that are to come, be full of harmony, quiet and calm.


Thank you all for stopping by--have a safe day with your families and friends.

Linda and the a2zScrapbookingSupplies team


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! We can't wait to read what you've said.