Shop with us!!

prizes, contests, offers--crazy cool prices!!

Spend $50 on Hero Arts and receive a Free gift from Hero Arts

Vagabond in stock now!!!!!! ONLY $199.99 and FREE shipping!!

Tim Holtz Tattered Florals are in stock again!!! Our price is only $13.85!!! (MSRP $19.99) WHAT A SAVINGS

NEW TO OUR STORE: the gorgeous Mackinac Moon range!!! Check it out!!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Hannukah and Jewish Holiday Supplies.

**editors note: My apologies for getting my timing mixed up and having the earlier version of this blog post suggest that Hannukah is now!! I was typing too fast and forgot to stop and realise I'm working a couple of months in advance with products!!



Hello again!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was spent with family (as always!) enjoying the lovely Spring weather that has well and truly landed here in Australia--there was no lead-up this year, just one minute Winter, the next, SPRING!!!

Spring is always full of flowers and blue skies, birds and sunshine isn't it?! You know what they make me want to do?! Make things!!! Create, just as nature is doing before our very eyes. 

For you who live in the U.S, as Autumn settles over everything, you can still see the creation all around you can't you?! The changing of the leaves; golds, yellows, browns and reds slowly painting the world.  It's as if everything is getting ready for Winter. I always feel like Spring and Autumn are transitional seasons. Getting prepared for the 'Big Ones' of Winter and Summer.  I love how it seems as though the Earth is reminding us that no matter what we do, each season will still come-renewing and replenishing the world with a fresh mindset, feeling and even color-scheme!

Despite being in Spring myself, I'm very much in the mindset of Autumn, because of my involvement in the crafting community.  As most stamping, crafting and scrapbooking manufacturers are based mostly in the USA, I find myself sitting (quite happily might I add) in the middle of the two seasons.  

I love how refreshing a new season is--no matter which season.  I always feel refreshed and my senses more awakened  by the change and most especially, renewed!

It is soon coming to the time of year when people of Jewish faith celebrate an important time--Hannukah (or Channukah.)  Very little is mentioned in Australia of this wonderful tradition, despite a fairly sizeable Jewish community throughout the country.  Perhaps this is partly because so much of Hannukah is celebrated within the home.   

For those who don't know, Channukah is an 8 day festival that commemorates the rededication to Judaism of the Holy Temple in 2BC.  When celebrating the 'return' of this Temple, it was discovered that there was only enough consecrated oil to fuel the eternal flame in the Temple for one day. Miraculously, the oil burned for eight days, which was the length of time it took to press, prepare and consecrate fresh olive oil.  Thus, the 8 days of Channukah.

The Hanukkiyah

What a perfect occasion to document as a keepsake, a learning tool for future generations or simply a reminder of what we hold dear and celebrate.  The reclamation of a sacred temple many centuries ago has now turned into a beloved holiday for so many people and at a2zScrapbookingSupplies.com, we have a selection of stickers and embellishments to compliment your albums, layouts and more.  You can find them all HERE, but scroll down to see a select few.

Jolee's By You Dreidal Dimensional Embellishments

K and Company Hanukkah Dimensional Stickers

Crafty Secrets Jewish Celebrations Stickers
Even for those of you who aren't of the Jewish faith, why not take this time to reflect on the miracles in your life that you are happy for? Whether it be a newborn baby, an unexpeccted surprise, a moment of true faith or something as 'small' as the changing of the leaves, remember that miracles can be both noticable and spectacular, or quiet and comforting.  

As for me? I'm thankful for the miracle of my 2 daughters and the friends I've made in this crafty, card-making, scrapbooking, stamping community.  They are supportive and caring and kind beyond words. Despite the fact that it might not seem like a 'miracle' in the traditional sense of the word, I consider it to be one, because as a stay at home mum who was starting to feel as thought my own self was being overshadowed by my motherhood, these friends have truly made me feel alive again. So for you, dear friends, thank you for being my miracles. 

Till next time!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! We can't wait to read what you've said.